To quickly access the information that interests you most, use the keywords above as a table of contents. I have documented my preparations, I hope it's useful!

2011/06/08

How to Get a Passport Quickly

Rather than way countless weeks to get a passport by mail, I learned that I could go to the local passport office without an appointment and request one in person. The passport office was the most professional government agency I'd ever interacted with. I came in an hour after lunch time, expecting the DMV, and left thinking operating room. They asked for proof of my travel plans, which of course I did not have given the nature of my trip. So I eagerly started describing in detail how I was going on a motorcycle trip and it would be really exciting and I'd go through Canada and camp on the way, and, and, and...the clerk's eyes glazed over and he desisted in his request for further documentation. My number was called not 15 seconds after I left the check-in desk. In any case, they were able to get my passport printed up the very same week. I got extra pages on the passport while I was at it.

This may vary by location, but my experience was consistent with other reviews I read on Yelp for the San Francisco passport office.

No comments:

Post a Comment